Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Poor, Poor, Tom Daschle

This is probably the first and last post about anyone political you will ever see here but I had to rant for just a second. I was listening to NPR on the way into work today and they were doing a piece on Tom Daschle and what life is like for him now that he is out of a job in South Dakota. The interviewer was asking him to tell us about the challenges he has faced since being defeated and this is what he said; "I spent the first three weeks getting into the back seat of my car and closing the door, waiting for it to go." He also went on to explain that he no longer has a personal assistant that tells him when his next appointment is so he is has been late to things. Poor, Poor, Tom Daschle has to drive himself everywhere now and be responsible for getting himself to places on time. Will someone explain to me how this is news worthy? I love NPR because of the broad (although mostly liberal) reporting that they do but what in the world were they thinking doing a piece like this? Surely there are more news worthy world events going on to report. Or... maybe this is a sad testimony on the shallowness of our country that we would not raise such a voice that this kind of reporting should be left to People magazine and the such.

No comments: