I just returned from a 3 day annual Conference that is put on by the Thailand Military and Police Christian Fellowship organization. We support this group with training and discipleship, as well as serving on their board as advisors. It is really important in Thailand that we stay in the background and continue in an advisory role, which we are happy to do. Col. Surasak is actually a Cadence staff member and serves as our country leader. Maj.Gen. Chaikorn (pictured with his wife next to me at the table) is the chairman of the organization and we are very close with him as well. More than 150 military members, representing 5 regional groups, were in attendance. It was a wonderful time for me to network with and encourage these men from all over the country. I also got to practice my Thai.They have asked us to start several conversational English groups around the country. Please pray with us that we can find the folks able to come and do this. Ron Wilson and I will probably start one in area but need about 2 or 3 more people.
3 comments:
Hi guys! Recently rediscovered your blog. So good to read. Glad you're writing. So Thai, huh Paul? I'm thinking that wouldn't be the easiest language to learn?? Give Sandra my love... dawn
Thanks for the note Dawn. Yea... 5 different tones and some crazy acrobatics with your mouth to produce the sounds. Yikes!
I too recently discovered your site. I'll be checking on you as well. my love to all, Amanda
btw, that bug is huge, I hope you never get used to that one :)
Post a Comment