
I don't think I can remember the first time I held a bible in my hands but I actually still have the first bible given to me by a fellow U.S. Navy Seabee some 23 years ago. I remember reading it and feeling like I was digging through a treasure chest full of wonderful things, some of which I recognized, many I did not. Watching Cambodian Army officers asking for help finding passages and seeing them discover these treasures brings me back to my early days of learning about the Lord. What a special time that was. I still dig around in my very first bible often and I have long since lost count of how many sermons I have preached out of it but the treasure is still as wonderful as ever. As a matter of fact it has become more valuable to me each year I follow Him, the treasure that grows with knowing Him deeply.
1 comment:
Thanks Criag. We of course would love to hear you guys are doing. Please greet Carin for us as well.
Post a Comment