This past week I was visiting the nearly completed water supply project at Unit 14 near Pursat, Cambodia when a small boy and his mother came up to use the water out of the tank to bathe.
It was very rewarding to see this water being used for its intended purpose. (The tank will supply year-round clean water for families, a medical clinic, and eventually a community center)
I asked Sareth (Cadence National Leader) to ask the boy what he thought of the project and the boy replied “This is the water that comes from Jesus”.
It was very rewarding to see this water being used for its intended purpose. (The tank will supply year-round clean water for families, a medical clinic, and eventually a community center)
I asked Sareth (Cadence National Leader) to ask the boy what he thought of the project and the boy replied “This is the water that comes from Jesus”.
We have no idea if this mom and her son even knew the Lord (I had never seen them before) but we know that they believe this clean water source comes from Him.
I love the fact that he did not answer with “The water that comes from Cadence International” but that they knew it was from the Lord.
It was another one of those moments that confirm to us just how powerful sharing the gospel along with community development help is.
Jesus replied, “Everyone who drinks some of this water will be thirsty again. But whoever drinks some of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again, but the water that I will give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up to eternal life.” John 4:13-14
It was another one of those moments that confirm to us just how powerful sharing the gospel along with community development help is.
Jesus replied, “Everyone who drinks some of this water will be thirsty again. But whoever drinks some of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again, but the water that I will give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up to eternal life.” John 4:13-14

Captain Savorn and myself



No comments:
Post a Comment