Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Watch Your Step

I spent the last week with 3 men from our headquarters office in Denver. We took a whirlwind tour of our work in Thailand and Cambodia.

It was very encouraging to be with them and have them see first hand the work that is going on here. Our officers shared their testimonies and and gave reports on the impact the Lord is having in these countries.

One of the men wrote me an email and expressed the impact it had on him:

 “It was absolutely life changing for me as I think you could tell by my tears.  I will never be the same.”


As you all know, we have built phase one of a hospitality retreat center in Cambodia on the site of cleared minefield.

Pictures below show the progress. We spent the night out there with Sareth and 3 of our Unit leaders. This was the first weekend training done at the center and the guys really enjoyed it.

There is still a lot of work to be done, like a water and electrical source, but it is now functional.

Minefield warning sign with skull and cross bones

We spent the night with 3 of our key military camp leaders

I am hold the son of the woman in red pictured here. She lost her 10 year old son about 2 years ago to a viper bite. I had the honor of praying for after this happened even though she was not a believer at the time. The Lord has given her a new son and she has become a Christian.

Young girl skipping through the minefield.



No comments: