Saturday, November 29, 2008

Cambodia 2

I wanted to share a couple more things with you all from my time in Cambodia a week ago.


Unit 51:
We broke ground on the community center for the village and I had the chance to see the progress the families were making with their chicken houses and organic gardens. I was very encouraged by these things. There are now fruit trees and vegetable gardens scattered throughout the village.


Prayer of dedication for the community center
As I met with the brigade commander there he expressed great encouragement about how the living conditions and attitudes of his military families was improving.

We also had a couple of teaching opportunities with our leadership families.


Unit 14:
In addition to the amazing story I shared with you already I am very encouraged about how organized the Christian leaders are at the brigade.

They have appointed a shepherd for each of the 12 military family subdivisions surrounding the unit. They meet regularly for prayer and training.


The shepherds of Unit 14
I met with the new incoming commander and shared with him our joy in helping them get clean water to the families in the brigade. He of course is elated that we are helping them this way as it shows his superiors that he is taking care of his men. The truly wonderful thing about this is that his Christian troops are initiating this project.

I can’t express enough how encouraged I am by the growth of these young believers.

No comments: