Monday, June 19, 2006

Rainy Season in Thailand

As you can see, we are making the most of the rainy season here in Thailand! The kids had a blast today riding their bikes in the rain. Last night, we had a major lightening and thunder storm. We turned off the lights, turned on the music, and watched the show! It was beautiful.

On Saturday, we moved into our new home! We've gotten quite a bit done already--it's livable and I can cook--but there is still much to be done. Of course, everything is much more laborious due to the language barrier. But that's all part of the adventure!

Our partners have given of themeselves above and beyond the call of duty to help us get settled and find our way around. I ventured out alone today to a western market in town that someone told me about. I only got lost twice and returned with just a few of the things I had on my list!

Thanks for your prayers. Please pray specifically for the Lord to open doors for our kids to meet and make new friends. Kahprun ka! (Thank you)

Sandra for all of us Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to see you made it, and are experiencing some new stuff! Remember, I would love to send a care package from the states. I am sure each of you will have things you really miss that you just cant get, and I would love to send them! After you settle in a bit more, and feel like you need a pick me up from the states, I'm your man! (or woman) as it may be! Will be praying for you all! Love, Carol

Anonymous said...

Glad to know you made it and are taking time to have fun!
We'll continue to keep you all in our prayers! God is using your family in such an amazing way---I'm jealous! Heehee.