Sunday, March 19, 2006

Axle Swap

Ever driven along and then heard a sound coming from your car that you just knew was going to be expensive to fix? That is exactly what happened to me last week. I was driving along and then heard this "clunk, clunk. clunk, bang!" and immediately the truck stopped with a jolt and I could not go forward anymore. I knew at that moment that I had broken the rear axle. This was soon confirmed as I crawled under and saw oil pouring out from the front seal. Yikes! Well, a trip to the junk yard, 5 hours of wrenching, a smashed thumb, three skinned knuckles, and $500 later I am back on the road. My neighbor took the day off to help thus redefining the term "good neighbor" to me. Randy, thanks so much for the loan of your truck and 5 hours of help!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: