Amazing things are happening in the most corrupt country in the world, Cambodia. Some 15 Army Generals and numerous others have become Christians in the last 8 months, 2 while I was there last week! As all this is happening I keep asking myself what is going on? Is there some political motivation or advantage for these men to confess Christ? I sat down with my partner Wilson and made a list of possible reasons for these men to confess, it was a long list. At the bottom of the list I put "movement of the Holy Spirit". Ron and I had lunch scheduled the next day with two of these guys, one of which had accepted Christ the night before, and decided to ask them some really pointed questions to discover the answer. After a 2 hour lunch and a load of question, Ron and I both walked away agreeing that the Holy Spirit is indeed moving in their hearts! The next thing to hit us was the question of how to follow up with these men. There are only a handful of mature believers in Phnom Penh who could even do this. My heart was heavy with this question as we boarded the plane to Thailand. Please pray for these men as they seek to grow in their new found faith and for us as we seek the lord for His direction in finding ways to disciple them. (What am I doing in Colorado...?)
After leaving Cambodia we went to Chaing Mai, Thailand and were successful in finding a car and a home for Ron and his family to move into when they go in July. Chaing Mai will become the headquarters for our SE Asia outreach.
Wanted to thank all of you who have been praying for these things and ask you to rejoice with us over what God is doing in this part of the world.
1 comment:
Paul,
It was a treat to see you here in
person. It's nice to see how the
Lord is using your family to reach
our world. As you said in your
presetation at CBC, I will "share
my story" in China this summer.
Post a Comment